Applications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions within the Public Enterprises Division of this Ministry.
To plan, direct, coordinate and monitor the Section’s contribution to the Finance and Development Monitoring Unit‘s participation in the Public Enterprises Division’s mandate with regards to the Public Bodies, in an effort to advance the national interest in the enhancement of the efficiency, effectiveness, economy, transparency and accountability with which the public bodies serve their respective missions within the context of the Fiscal Responsibility and Corporate Governance Framework.
- To direct the continuous review of the composition of the Public Bodies Subsector and of collaborate whenever appropriate with other stakeholders in the development and implementation of programmes for its rationalization.
- To direct and lead continuous review of the government policies, the statutes and subsidiary legislation providing and subserving the continuously evolving general governance framework of the Jamaican Pubic Sector and in particular the corporate governance framework within which Public Bodies operate.
- To monitor the management and administration of the finances and other aspects of the operations of the individual Public Bodies assigned to the section with a view to analyzing assessing and reporting at appropriate intervals on each public body’s level of success of failure in meeting it specific financial and other performance targets.
- To direct the Section’s contribution to the Monitoring Unit’s collaboration with its assigned individual Public Bodies to optimize the efficiency, effectiveness, economy, transparency and accountability with which Public Bodies conduct their operations and manage and administer their finances in the pursuit of their respective missions by (a) ensuring the awareness and understanding by their portfolio Ministries, Board Chairpersons, other Board Members and their CEOs and other Senior Management staff of the implications of the statutes, subsidiary legislation and Government policies relevant to their operations, (b) identifying and evaluating underlying macro-economic and micro-economic issues affecting or likely to affect their individual performances and (c) providing technical advice and guidance in respect of such issues.
- To participate in the representation of the interests of the Government of Jamaica on issues affecting the Unit’s Public Bodies locally and internationally.
- To supervise the Section’s continuous collection of comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date information on its assigned individual Public Bodies and to collaborate with the Management Support Unit in ensuring that the Division’s data bases are continuously populated with those data.
- To lead and manage the Section in the achievement of the above strategic objectives.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of accrual and government cash accounting principles
- Good knowledge of Government of Jamaica budgeting and planning processes
- Excellent knowledge Corporate Governance and risk management principles
- Excellent critical reasoning, quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Strong negotiating and persuasive presentation skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management Studies or related discipline along with a minimum of six (6) years working experience in a similar field.
- Post Graduate qualification in Accounting, Finance or equivalent with a three (3) years’ related experience at a senior level.
- Salary: $2,593,142 - $3,082,431 per annum
- Travel Allowance: $1,341,624.00 per annum
Interested persons should forward their applications and resume` NO LATER THAN Thursday, March 30, 2017 to the: -
Senior Director, Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Finance & the Public Service
30 National Heroes Circle
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.