Applications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Accounting Technician (FMG/AT 1), in the Financial Investigations Division of this Ministry.
The Accounting Technician has responsibility to maintain the accounting records, and petty cash system in accordance with guidelines set by the Ministry of Finance and Planning and FAA Act and Regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- To prepare commitment vouchers for items procuring goods and services; prepare Petty Cash Vouchers and records for reimbursement;
- To maintain utility control and Travel Claims registers;
- To receive cheque/s, cash presented with Value Book for dispatch to Revenue Agency;
- To maintain daily Petty Cash Accounting System and record all monies received in the Receipt Cash Book.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the rudiments of Government Cashiering Procedures.
- Working knowledge of Government/General Accounting Principles.
- Working knowledge of the Revenue Administration Act and Financial Administration and Audit Acts (FAA Acts)
Qualifications & Experience:
- AAT Level 1 or;
- ACCA – CAT Level 1 or;
- Government Accounting Level 1 Module 1-5 or
- Completion of first year in BSc. Accounting or Management Studies from a recognised University or;
- Completion of first year of ASc. Accounting at MIND
Salary: $682,079.00 - $810,778.00 per annum
Interested persons should forward their applications and resume NO LATER THAN – Wednesday, July 19, 2017 to the: -
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Finance & Planning
30 National Heroes Circle
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted