Applications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Manager Policy Research and Analysis (GMG/SEG 4) in the Economic Management Division of this Ministry.
To lead the analytical and research activities in support of policy development in all issues related to public debt management and strategy formulation. In addition the incumbent will carry out debt analysis including the Medium-term Debt Strategy (MTDS) and support the Fiscal Policy Management Unit (FPMU) in conducting Debt Sustainability Analysis (DSA).
- To lead the analytical and research work in support of debt strategy and policy formulation
- To design policy and strategy on public debt management and provide support to other functional areas
- To oversee the development of debt strategy and review against debt policy.
- To manage Unit and Staff in the achievement of the above-mentioned strategic objectives Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent knowledge in macroeconomics
- Good knowledge of how government machinery works
- Sound knowledge of capital market and government securities Market
- Sound knowledge of Investment Portfolio Management
- Expert knowledge in both quantitative /qualitative research methodologies
- Proficient knowledge of relevant computer software e.g. statistical tools, Microsoft Office Suite Word
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters’ Degree in Economics/Econometrics/Finance or equivalent qualifications
- Three (3) years’ financial market research experience either in private or public sector environment.
Salary: $2,593,142 - $3,622,369 per annum
Travelling: $ 1,341,624 per annum.
Interested persons should forward their applications and resume` NO LATER THAN Wednesday July 26, 2017 to the: -
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Finance & the Public Service
30 National Heroes Circle
We thank all for applying but please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.