Dec 12, 2018 Last Updated 10:09 AM, Dec 6, 2018

The Minister of Finance & the Public Service

The Hon. Nigel Clarke, DPhil., MP, is Jamaica's Minister of Finance and the Public Service and is Member of Parliament for St Andrew Northwestern. ...

Minister without Portfolio in the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service

The Honourable Fayval Williams, MP, is Minister without Portfolio in the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service. Minister Williams is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), and h...

Financial Secretary

Miss Darlene Morrison...

What documents are needed to process exemptions from the MLA?

Companies seeking exemption from the provisions of the Moneylending Act are required to submit a letter of application to the Financial Secretary of the Ministry of Finance, accompanied by the following information and documentation in duplicate:

  1. Certified copy of the company’s Articles of Incorporation or Memorandum and Articles of Association;
  2. Certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation;
  3. TRN numbers (of the company and each of the directors);
  4. List and profile of the company’s directors;
  5. Valid Tax Compliance Certificate;
  6. Audited financial statements for the last financial year;
  7. Details of the types of loans made to borrowers and the terms and conditions of such loans (including interest rates charged, tenure of the loan, processing fees, etc.);
  8. Default and Recovery Policy;
  9. Loan Disbursement Report including name of borrower, purpose of the loan, amount of loan, tenure and interest rate charged;
  10. Types and nature of securities required to cover loans granted;
  11. Minimum and maximum limits relating to loans made by the Company;
  12. Detailed outline of the nature and activities of the business;
  13. Copy of Loan Agreement;
  14. Source of fund
Was this helpful?