What are the roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder group to the tuition refund process?
The roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder group are as follows:
- Advise HRM of intent to study and seek clarity on course relevance
- Submit the required documentation to the HRMU upon completion of the course of study in a timely manner
- Where the applicant is aware that he/she will be completing the programme beyond the prescribed time then the applicant should inform Hr in a timely manner and indicate the tentative date of completion.
- Effect all the necessary requirements for payments
Human Resource Management Unit
- Prepare annual budget to facilitate refund of tuition requests
- Process all requests for tuition refund using the first in first out accounting principle
- Approve tuition refund applications that meet all the criteria
- Advise all applicants of the status of their requests
- Advise the general employee population of changes to the tuition refund processes
- Provide clear instructions to the Accounting Officer for payment
- Submit copies of approval for Refund of Tuition payments to the respective Unit in the Ministry of Finance & Planning to aid in the monitoring process.
- Where there is doubt seek clarification from the relevant officers within Ministry of Finance & Planning, if deemed necessary.
- Ensure the necessary checks and balances on all calculations are submitted for payment
- Effect payment requests submitted by the Human Resource Management Unit in keeping with the established Government accounting principles and procedures
Tuition Refund Steering Committee/Team (this committee/team will be set up by the organization)
- Review submissions from the HRMU ensuring that all the guidelines are being followed
- Rule on issues of course relevance where applicable - The committee should be able to determine if the course is relevant to the public sector.
- Make decisions regarding recommendations for payment from HRMU
- Monitor the processes undertaken by the HRMU