The primary focus of this Division is to assist with prudent fiscal policy management and the provision of sound economic analysis to the Government for development programmes.
The primary objectives of the Division are to:
- To formulate sound fiscal policy that will generate sustainable fiscal balances;
- To effectively manage the public debt consistent with fiscal objectives and the attainment of a sustainable debt profile;
- To effectively manage project loan / grant activities consistent with fiscal objectives;
- To effectively manage Jamaica’s relationship with international and regional financial institutions;
- Formulate and negotiate with Multilateral Financial Institutions (MFIs) a programme to address fiscal and debt sustainability;
- Submission of proposal for a Fiscal Responsibility Act (FRA);
- Effective management of the Economic Management Division
To effectively manage the fiscal policy, formulate, and coordinate sound economic advice to Government.
To achieve and maintain sustainable economic growth.