Public Service Establishment Division
Public Service Establishment - Overview
The main aim of PSED is to implement policies and manage programmes relating to compensation, benefits, industrial relations, employment and pensions for public sector employees and entities by:
- managing benefits programmes and administering conditions of service policies for public sector employees.
- engaging in research and audit activities and labour market studies which will facilitate the proper utilization of staff complements, and the management of the size of the Public Service
- developing pay structures and job evaluation tools which are rational
- maintaining and enhancing industrial harmony in the public sector
- improving the adequacy and timeliness of the delivery of retiring benefits
- Providing education funding assistance
- Developing human resource management policies for the public service
The primary objectives of the Division are:
- Ensure effective management of the Division;
- Develop and implement policies to ensure effective management of public service benefits and establishment;
- Monitor Public Sector employment and Post Complement;
- Develop and co-ordinate the work programme for the successor Agreement of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) III;
- Develop proposals for terms of reference of the Monitoring Committee;
- Re-establish and develop the cost saving systems within the Public Sector and the implement of related policy initiatives;
- Ensure effective and efficient administration of retiring benefits;
- To develop sound Industrial Relations Policies and to maintain and enhance industrial harmony in the Public Sector;
To develop and implement policies relating to Public Service employees which are consistent with modern human resource
Public Service Establishment - Units and Sections
The Public Service Establishment Division (PSED) in the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service is comprised of eight (8) units:
- Pensions Administration
- Industrial Relations
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Secretariat
- Employee Relations
- Research and Establishment Control
- Scholarship and Training Assistance
- Beneifts Administration Unit
- To develop and co-ordinate the work programme of the MOU
- Idenitfy the activities within the MOU which together make up the programme to be implemented in fulfillment of the MOU.
- Monitor and facilitate the implementation of the provisions by public sector entities with responsibility for the area as appropriate.
- Facilitate the operation of and implementation of the outcomes and decisions from the Monitoring Committee and its meetings.
- Facilitate the operation of and implementation of the outcomes and decision from the various sub-committees.
- Managing the process of growth in the establishment level of Central Government in order to maintain the size of Government
- Ensuring Parliamentary approval of the establishment through updating and printing of Civil Service Establishment (General) Order and the Civil Service (General) Amendment Order for presentation to the House of Representatives for the Affirmative Resolution
- Conductin g Surveys on the utilization of established positions assigned to all Central Government Agencies.
- Providing the research functions which will facilitate the proper utilization of posts, and support planning and decision making in other units within the Establishment Division.
- Providing all the major research functions including labour market studies for the Public Service Establishment Division.