The Commission’s Role
- Appoint Audit Committees and their chairmen as per the FAA Act.
- Review the audit committees’ annual reports and take necessary action
- Review and approve the audit committee charters
- Maintain files of charters, reports and other correspondence for each committee under its purview.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the audit committees against their charters and the relevant guidelines.
- Submit a report annually to the Minister of Finance and Parliament on the general activities of the Commission.
- Promote best practices in the operations of the committees through training and timely dissemination of relevant information.
- Act as the Secretariat for the Audit Commission.
- Promote quality performance standards to enhance the delivery of internal auditing services within the Jamaican Public Sector.
- Conduct seminars, conferences, coaching and mentorship for the government’s internal auditors.
- Provides technical assistance and training in Auditing Techniques
- Advise on recruitment, promotion and selection standards for internal auditors.
- A repository for Ministry circulars, GOJ Acts, policies and guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance in the development of the Internal Audit operational and annual audit plans and the correct form of report structure as per the Institute of Internal Auditors’ established standards.