JOB SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Senior, Maintenance Officer, the Maintenance Officer is responsible for assisting with the maintenance and repair services at the Ministry to reduce the occurrence of workplace accidents and lengthen the lifespan of property and equipment.
MAIN DUTIES: Technical/Professional Responsibilities:
– Inspect the work assigned to contractors for optimum performance and value for money.
– Inspect the building’s plumbing, electrical and ventilations;
– Performs basic plumbing maintenance and repairs of faucets, basins, vanity and toilets;
– Performs basic carpentry including hanging and replacing doors and operating power tools.
– Checks safety equipment such as fire extinguishers, smoke detectors and alarms.
– Keeps abreast of maintenance schedule;
– Ensures presence on weekends and off hours whenever contractors have to work.
– Provides information to Procurement officer re the purchase of pesticides
– Ensures that pest control intervention is adequate and timely to contain insect infestation.
– Tracks the safe custody of all tools and equipment.
– Advises the Manager on satisfactory completion of jobs.
– Reports requirements for major repairs to management
Inspects the gardens and grounds on a regular schedule to ensure adequate
standards are maintained.
Responds to calls for assistance in instances of malfunctioning of air-condition
units, elevators, canteen equipment etc.
Responds to calls of assistance in other emergencies related to the equipment
and buildings such as fires and flooding.
Reports problems outside of his/her authority and involving destruction of
property to Senior Officers.
Requests the assistance of service and other contractors to resolve emergency
Advises the Senior Maintenance and Repair Officer on satisfactory completion
Liaise with Manager, Maintenance and Property on operational matters;
Maintains effective working relationships with external and internal
stakeholders to ensure that the Section provides a consistently high level of
service to them;
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Working knowledge of Government Accounting procedures
Sound knowledge of Asset and Inventory Management and System
Working knowledge of the policies and guidelines of the Ministry
Working knowledge of FAA Act
Good knowledge of the Ministry standards and procedures
Demonstrates sound personal and professional integrity, reflecting high ethical
and moral values